Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the Parks and Recreation office located?
York County Parks and Recreation is located in Washington Square Shopping Center at 5338-G George Washington Memorial Highway. This site offers a central location for the County’s citizens with ample parking. The office is located in the section of the shopping center adjacent to Grafton Station Lane. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 5 p.m. The phone number remains (757) 890-3500. Visitors to the site will experience continued excellent customer service including assistance when registering for programs.
- Are dogs allowed at the McReynolds Athletic Complex (MAC)?
NO DOGS are allowed at the McReynolds Athletic Complex. Service animals are allowed as long as they are on a leash at all times and are well behaved.
- How long is the bike trail at New Quarter Park?
The mountain bike trail is 7.2 miles long.
- How do I get information on upcoming events in Yorktown?
For event information, please visit VisitYorktown.org
- Where does the name New Quarter come from?
In 1723, Robert “King” Carter owned the land. “New Quarter” was one of the “quarters of land” so named by him in his diary. The 545-acre tract, which had been a portion of Camp Peary, was acquired at no cost through the Federal Surplus Land Program in 1976. York County opened New Quarter Park in 1984.
- I'm interested in reserving a field at the McReynolds Athletic Complex (MAC). Who do I contact?
To inquire about field rentals, contact the facilities coordinator at 757-890-3569. McReynolds Athletic Complex
- How do I rent the community building at Charles Brown Park?
For more information, please visit the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Building’s webpage. There is a link to the reservation packet on the page. This will need to be filled out and returned along with payment to the main office.