The New York Times
The York County Public Library provides free online access to The New York Times. Enjoy unlimited articles, videos and features on NYTimes.com. Explore newsletters, follow favorite topics, and download apps. The digital edition is available in English, Spanish, and Chinese. All you need to get started is a free account at The New York Times. The New York Times crossword is not included in this basic digital edition (See NYT Game access below).
Access in the Library
- Log in to a library computer station or connect to the library's WiFi
- First-time users will need to create a free account at The New York Times. Returning users can log in at NYTimes.com.
Access Outside the Library
- Click on The New York Times code redemption link. Redeem your code for 24 hours of full off-site digital access.
- Register with your email address, or log in if you have an account.
- You will receive an email confirming your 24-hour access to The New York Times.
- When your 24-hour access expires, click the code redemption link again to renew your access.
- The New York Times app is available for Android, iOS, and Fire tablets. To use the app, open your device's browser and click the code redemption link on the library's website. Then open the app and sign in with email address you used to register.
New York Times Games
Enjoy unlimited access to New York Times Games including the daily full-size and mini crosswords, Wordle, Spelling Bee, Letter Boxed, Tiles, Vertex, Sudoku, and more. Twenty years of archived crosswords are also included. Play online or download the Crossword app for iOS or Android.
- Click on The New York Times Games code redemption link. Redeem your code for 24 hours of game access.
- First-time users will need to create a free account, or log in to your existing account.
- You will receive an email confirming your 24-hour access to New York Times Games.
- Play online or download the Crossword app for iOS or Android. To use the app, open your device's browser and click on the NYT Games code redemption link on the library's website. Then open the app and sign in your account.
- When the 24-hour access expires, click the code redemption link again to renew your access.
Updated daily, NewsBank offers information on local, national and global issues and events, business, education, the environment, health, government and politics, sports, STEM, and more. It includes newspapers, videos, and web-only content. Virginia newspapers include The Daily Press, Richmond Times-Dispatch, and Virginian-Pilot. National and international sources, special reports and hot topics are also available.
Find full-text articles on local news, issues, events, people and more from current and archived issues of The Daily Press through NewsBank. Updated daily, it includes obituaries, editorials, announcements, sports, real estate and other sections. The Daily Press is available in a text format and an image format. Text format is available from 1989 to current date, while full page image format is available from 2023 to current date.