VA Peninsula Magazine conducted their first Readers’ Choice Restaurant Awards by asking readers to nominate their favorite restaurants in 10 diverse categories. More than 900 readers nominated 120 entries, which were published in the March/April issue of VA Peninsula Magazine. Nearly 2,500 people voted at VA Peninsula Magazine’s website. Winners were announced in VA Peninsula Magazine’s May/June issue. York County restaurants scored high in several categories.
- The restaurant with the most and highest awards is Jimmy Da Greek. They earned the first place in Mediterranean and Greek category and honorable mention in the Subs and Sandwiches category.
- Vinny’s Pizza earned first place in the Pizza category.
- The Chipper earned honorable mentions in both the Burger category and the Seafood categories.
- Alpha Pitt Smokers earned an honorable mention in the Barbecue category.
- Sweet Dreams Bakery Bar and Bistro earned an honorable mention in the Brunch category.
- Cinco de Mayo earned an honorable mention in the Hispanic category.
- Grunow’s Kitchen earned the Editor’s Choice Award for the Sandwiches and Subs category.