York County Grant
Individual grants to small businesses are awarded as one-time financial assistance given to eligible for-profit small businesses in amounts not to exceed $5,000. These funds must be a reimbursement of actual expenditures that the small business incurred following the State reopening requirements. Grants will be committed and funded on a first-come, first-served basis, based upon availability of funds and submission of a complete application.
REBUILD! VA Small Business Grant Program
The Rebuild VA Grant Fund is a program to help small businesses and non-profits whose normal operations were disrupted by COVID-19, including restaurants, brick and mortar retail, exercise and fitness facilities, personal care and personal grooming services, entertainment and public amusement establishments, and campgrounds. ** Please note: Businesses who have received any COVID-19 Related (i.e. EIDL, PPP, CARES, CDBG, or any other local, state, or federal) funds are not eligible.
Business-Related Disaster Relief Resources
THE LATEST INFORMATION
Grant program from American Express Coalition to Back Black BusinessesSubmit Interest by September 21st and 280 businesses will be selected as finalists
September 20, 2020Easing of Restriction for Hampton Roads
VOSH Emergency Temporary StandardsThis site will help you to understand what is expected of you to comply with these standards. https://www.virginiasbdc.org/emergencystandards/
Virginia SBDCInnovation Lives Here Webinar Series The COVID-19 pandemic has changed how we do business. As you continue to explore what that means to your business, the SBDC has developed a Webinar series to help you in that journey.
- Upcoming Webinar Succession Planning & Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP) on September 24th
DOLI Workplace Safety Standards Effective week of July 27th
- Governor Northam press release - Virginia Adopts First-in-the-Nation Workplace Safety Standards for COVID-19 Pandemic
- Emergency Temporary Standard Infectious Disease Prevention document
- Virginia Chamber of Commerce Webinar: New DOLI Emergency Regulation and Its Impact on Virginia Businesses
Forward Virginia: Phase Threeoutlines easing of business restrictions beginning Wednesday July 1st. View Executive Order 67 and Phase Three Guidelines for all Business Sectors for full details.
Hampton Roads SBDC & Raymond A Mason School of Businessoffering 10 hours of free counseling services
Hampton Roads Planning District Commission (HRPDC)Reopening a building? Guidance for flushing the building’s plumbing systems before reopening a closed building can be viewed on the HRPDC website. Also, view the expanded instructions or step by step document.
International Council of Shopping Center (ICSC)reopening best practices guide includes areas such as planning and communication, common area adjustments and traffic flow.
National Retail FederationOpen for Business A Blueprint for Shopping Safe With a focus on the health and wellness of both employees and customers, now if the time to prepare for the entire retail sector to safely re-open. View the Operation Open Doors Checklist.
Printable Sign for Businesses"Masks are Required for Your Sake and for Ours"
Restaurant H.E.L.P.Podcasts and Toolkit resrouces
RestaurantOwner.comRestaurant Comeback Webinars The 5-part webinar series on how independent restaurants can prepare now to come back even stronger from this pandemic. Each session will focus on strategies, resources and best practices for executing your Comeback Plan. View Recordings
streetsense.Pandemic Relaunch Toolkit for Restaurants + Bars The toolkit contains clear and concise resources for managing captial, planning for relaunch and also provides recommendations on adjusting operations and increasing guest engagement in the wake of COVID-19.
U.S. Chamber of CommerceReady to Reopen: A Playbook for Your Small Business A guide to helping businesses of all types and in all regions navigate the complex process of reopening and evolving post-coronavirus pandemic.
Virginia ABCGuide for restaurant outdoor seating.
Virginia ChamberGetting Virginians Back to Work a “Blueprint for Getting Virginians Back to Work” initiative to provide recommendations on operating in the current economic climate and how to return stronger than before..
- Alice COVID-19 Business Resource Center
- Cox Media Local Restaurant Support
- Ebay Up-and-Running Accelerator Program
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
- Google Small Business Resources AND Work, teach, and learn from anywhere resources
- Inspiring HR Key Points from the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Job Shop Pricing WEBINAR SERIES: Surviving the Cash Crunch; Timely Guidance for Manufacturers | Available on May 27th
- Microsoft Office 365 E1 Trial
- Verizon Small Business Seminar Pivoting your Business: A 30/60/90 Day Plan recording AND more on the Verizon website
- Atlantic Union Bank Paycheck Protection Program Information
- Congressman Rob Wittman sign up for Telephone Town Hall Meetings
- Early Education Business Consultants resources for early education providers
- Governor Ralph Northam Executive Orders and Directives
- Greater Williamsburg Chamber & Tourism Alliance Sustainability & Recovery Resource Center
- Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce Business Resource Guide. Requests for assistance can be sent to email@example.com or 757-664-2596
- Hampton Roads Small Business Development Center Preparing Virginia Small Businesses
- PBMares Coronavirus Resources for Businesses
- Retail Alliance
- State of Virginia Request for Information (RFI) for Personal Protective Equipment
- Unemployment Benefits guide for W-2, 1099 & Unemployed Workers
- Virginia Chamber of Commerce Business and Employee Information
- Virginia Department of Emergency Management Coronavirus Information AND Sign-up to receive emails for time-sensitive messages for emergencies, disasters, and planned events
- Virginia Department of Heath Guidance for Daily Employee Screenings, Virginia Information and FAQs
- Virginia Department of Social Services resources for day care providers
- Virginia Employment Commission Workers Unemployment Insurance Guidance AND File for Unemployment
- Virginia Peninsula Chamber of Commerce Resources
- Virginia Secretary of Commerce and Trade Resources
- Virginia Small Business Development Center Resources for Small Businesses, overview of the 800-plus page CARES act AND 2020 Strategies for an Economic Downturn
- William & Mary Raymond A Mason School of Business Connecting Local Small Businesses article and Visit the website for assistance.
- York County Economic Development Incentive Programs
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) Business Tips
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Resources for Businesses and Employers AND FAQs
- Department of Labor (DOL) OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 and OSHA publications
- Department of Treasury Small Business Assistance and PPP Information Sheet for Borrowers
- FEMA Emergency Planning Exercises
- Federal Resources for U.S. Small Businesses View relevant federal agency resources, access the latest news, and search for a Small Business Advisor near you
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) Employee Rights
- Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety (IBHS) Business Continuity Planning
- International Franchise Association (IFA) Requirements and Opportunities for Franchise Businesses
- National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) EIDL and PPP Loan Comparison
- Open for Business-EZ (OFB-EZ) Business Continuity Plan
- SBA for useful guidance and steps that you may want to follow in preparing your business for the impact of COVID-19 and to determine if you may qualify for financial assistance related to this disaster. Visit the
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Business Resources , Save Small Business Initiative and Guide to PPP Loan Forgiveness
- U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship brief on the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act