We understand that you're facing great uncertainty right now. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and working to compile several resources that can help you, our local business owners and operators, navigate through this challenging time.
This grant is one‐time financial assistance given to eligible for‐profit small businesses in amounts not to exceed $3,000. Grants will be committed and funded on a first‐come, first‐served basis, based upon availability of funds and submission of a complete application, with supporting documentation that clearly justifies how requested funds are related to recovery and/or reopening costs from the COVID‐19 emergency.
FORGIVABLE LOANS FOR VIRGINIA SMALL BUSINESSES
The non-profit Virginia 30 Day Fund provides forgivable loans for Virginia-based small businesses. The forgivable loan is intended to provide immediate financial assistance (within maximum three days) to meet payroll, preserve healthcare coverage for employees and save jobs while they await recently approved federal funding.
Business-Related Disaster Relief Resources
Forward Virginia: Phase Threeoutlines easing of business restrictions beginning Wednesday July 1st. View Executive Order 67 and Phase Three Guidelines for all Business Sectors for full details.
757 COVID-19 Business Recovery Forum 757 Recovery Leaders have provided insights to the Federal CARES Act impact on local businesses and the community. View survey results for Wave 2 and Wave 1.
Hampton Roads SBDC & Raymond A Mason School of Businessoffering 10 hours of free counseling services
Hampton Roads Planning District Commission (HRPDC)Reopening a building? Guidance for flushing the building’s plumbing systems before reopening a closed building can be viewed on the HRPDC website. Also, view the expanded instructions or step by step document.
International Council of Shopping Center (ICSC)reopening best practices guide includes areas such as planning and communication, common area adjustments and traffic flow.
National Retail FederationOpen for Business A Blueprint for Shopping Safe With a focus on the health and wellness of both employees and customers, now if the time to prepare for the entire retail sector to safely re-open. View the Operation Open Doors Checklist.
RestaurantOwner.comRestaurant Comeback Webinars The 5-part webinar series on how independent restaurants can prepare now to come back even stronger from this pandemic. Each session will focus on strategies, resources and best practices for executing your Comeback Plan. View Recordings
streetsense.Pandemic Relaunch Toolkit for Restaurants + Bars The toolkit contains clear and concise resources for managing captial, planning for relaunch and also provides recommendations on adjusting operations and increasing guest engagement in the wake of COVID-19.
U.S. Chamber of CommerceReady to Reopen: A Playbook for Your Small Business A guide to helping businesses of all types and in all regions navigate the complex process of reopening and evolving post-coronavirus pandemic.
Virginia ABCGuide for restaurant outdoor seating.
Virginia Chamber Getting Virginians Back to Work a “Blueprint for Getting Virginians Back to Work” initiative to provide recommendations on operating in the current economic climate and how to return stronger than before..
Virginia SBDCRecovery Resources are grouped into REVIEW: Items To Consider Before Deciding To Reopen; REOPEN: Items To Consider When Developing Your Reopening Plan; and RECOVER: Items To Consider When Planning For The Future. View REVIEW, REOPEN, REOPEN Checklist document.
Virginia SBDCInnovation Lives Here Webinar Series The COVID-19 pandemic has changed how we do business. As you continue to explore what that means to your business, the SBDC has developed a Webinar series to help you in that journey.
- Visit Innovation Lives Here website to register or view recordings.
- Upcoming Webinar Supply Chain Management July 9
- Alice COVID-19 Business Resource Center
- Cox Media Local Restaurant Support
- Ebay Up-and-Running Accelerator Program
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
- Google Small Business Resources AND Work, teach, and learn from anywhere resources
- Inspiring HR Key Points from the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Job Shop Pricing WEBINAR SERIES: Surviving the Cash Crunch; Timely Guidance for Manufacturers | Available on May 27th
- Microsoft Office 365 E1 Trial
- Verizon Small Business Seminar Pivoting your Business: A 30/60/90 Day Plan recording AND more on the Verizon website
- Atlantic Union Bank Paycheck Protection Program Information
- Congressman Rob Wittman sign up for Telephone Town Hall Meetings
- Early Education Business Consultants resources for early education providers
- Governor Ralph Northam Executive Orders and Directives
- Greater Williamsburg Chamber & Tourism Alliance Sustainability & Recovery Resource Center
- Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce Business Resource Guide. Requests for assistance can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-664-2596
- Hampton Roads Small Business Development Center Preparing Virginia Small Businesses
- PBMares Coronavirus Resources for Businesses
- Retail Alliance
- State of Virginia Request for Information (RFI) for Personal Protective Equipment
- Unemployment Benefits guide for W-2, 1099 & Unemployed Workers
- Virginia Chamber of Commerce Business and Employee Information
- Virginia Department of Emergency Management Coronavirus Information AND Sign-up to receive emails for time-sensitive messages for emergencies, disasters, and planned events
- Virginia Department of Heath Guidance for Daily Employee Screenings, Virginia Information and FAQs
- Virginia Department of Social Services resources for day care providers
- Virginia Employment Commission Workers Unemployment Insurance Guidance AND File for Unemployment
- Virginia Peninsula Chamber of Commerce Resources
- Virginia Secretary of Commerce and Trade Resources
- Virginia Small Business Development Center Resources for Small Businesses, overview of the 800-plus page CARES act AND 2020 Strategies for an Economic Downturn
- William & Mary Raymond A Mason School of Business Connecting Local Small Businesses article and Visit the website for assistance.
- York County Economic Development Incentive Programs
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) Business Tips
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Resources for Businesses and Employers AND FAQs
- Department of Labor (DOL) OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 and OSHA publications
- Department of Treasury Small Business Assistance and PPP Information Sheet for Borrowers
- FEMA Emergency Planning Exercises
- Federal Resources for U.S. Small Businesses View relevant federal agency resources, access the latest news, and search for a Small Business Advisor near you
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) Employee Rights
- Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety (IBHS) Business Continuity Planning
- International Franchise Association (IFA) Requirements and Opportunities for Franchise Businesses
- National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) EIDL and PPP Loan Comparison
- Open for Business-EZ (OFB-EZ) Business Continuity Plan
- SBA for useful guidance and steps that you may want to follow in preparing your business for the impact of COVID-19 and to determine if you may qualify for financial assistance related to this disaster. Visit the
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Business Resources , Save Small Business Initiative and Guide to PPP Loan Forgiveness
- U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship brief on the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
Additional options available to help small businesses, include the recently launched Paycheck Protection Program for payroll costs. The Paycheck Protection Program offers loans of up to $10 million at a 1% interest rate. These loans mature in two years, bur the amount of the loan used for payroll and certain operating expenses in the first 8 weeks after laon disbursement may be forgiven if the business uses a minimum of 75% of the loan for payroll. Additional resources, such as information on debt relief and express bridge loands can be found at www.sba.gov/coronavirus
EIDL procedures and form guidance
EIDL Advance program portal REOPENED to all eligible applicants experiencing economic impacts due to COVID-19.
- Overview SBA Emergency Loans
- EIDL Highlights & PPP Comparison document
- Video EIDL applications process
- SBA Webinar Slides OR visit the Virginia SBDC Webinar & Recordings webpage
- Partners and District Offices
- Disaster Office Hotline 1-800-659-2955 or DisasterCustomerService@sba.gov
Business owners may be eligible for FEMA and/or SBA assistance and payments during a declared national emergency. York County is assessing the economic impacts to local businesses due to COVID-19, in an effort to report them accurately to state and federal partners.
We encourage you to start collecting and documenting any loss of business related to this pandemic. This could include:
- Hotel Room or Meal Reservation Cancellations
- Private Event or Conference Cancellations
- Declining numbers of visitors, room nights, etc.
- Any business and/or revenue loss associated with the pandemic